Re: Chasmosaurus' weight

From: GSP1954@aol.com

Oh really? 2280 is a real specimen and the mass estimate applies to it regardless of the status of >the femur.

Your analysis is based completely on plaster, though. The femur is fake. Even if the bone has been scaled up accurately (isometrically, I would assume - but are we sure ceratopsian femoral lengths scale isometrically with body mass?), why not chose a more complete specimen upon which to base your formula? I'm not trying to challenge your method... I'm inquiring about it.

In any case the length of the femur is appropriate judging from other specimens.

If the information is available, which specimens might those be, out of curiosity?

Thanks,

Jordan Mallon

Vertebrate Paleontology & Paleoecology

http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Mallon