Re: bird flight

There is no one size fits all model for bird flight.  Or for insect, pterosaur,
or bat flight for that matter.  Different species and different individuals are
as equally interesting for their differences as for their similarities.  Models
that incorporate spanwise strip models that are articulable at each joint and
also include unit twist provisions throughout the wingbeat allow relatively
easy incorporation of the differences. Also, it is not unusual for the wing
structure to be slightly asymmetric between the right and left sides.
Jim