Re: nycto fingers, alt. answer

David Peters (davidrpeters@earthlink.net) wrote:

<As hitchhiking juveniles, all pterosaur babies needed four on the floor
so they kept their foreclaws. In Nyctosaurus the medial fingers apparently
do not ossify in adults, so everyone, including myself and Chris Bennett,
considered them gone. Nevertheless, they are present in at least four
examples and I'll be showing some in October. >

  Can you identify this in the given fossils without utilizing disputed
(and frankly, unproven) techniques? This is not to say to degrade your
work, but to use alternative lines of evidence.

=====
Jaime A. Headden