Re: bird flight

Ken, I was wondering when someone would point this
out--I think it has tremendous implications for
pterosaur flight as well as for birds. In the case of
at some pterosaurs (Pteranodon ingens, for example)I
suspect there is an added factor in that the outer 4th
finger phalanges appear to have been capable of
considerable torsional rotation, based on a "study" of
these I once did on paper. You're right--rich acedemic
pastures for graduate students! --Mark Hallett