Re: St. George dinosaur sit site

A stop-work order could have been made by a judge within a day of the
discovery of the unique ("squatting") print, but someone first has to
contact a judge ;-).

And this really bothered me:  why are molds/casts of the tracks being
made?  The unique tracks should instead have been dug up and placed in a
museum.

<pb>
--

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 08:47:38 -0800 "Paleotracks"
<paleotracks@prehistoricsillustrated.com> writes:
> Surely someone like Jim Kirkland, the state paleontologist, would
> have some
> clout to get a stop order on this unnecessary destruction of a
> valuable
> find. Seems like an ironic instance of commerce over science.
>
> Good Dinosaur Hunting,
>
> Dave Friend
> Prehistorics Illustrated
> http://prehistoricsillustrated.com