FW: Paleo Art at Western University

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-vrtpaleo@usc.edu [mailto:owner-vrtpaleo@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
Jason Anderson
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2004 7:13 PM
To: 'vrtpaleo@usc.edu'
Subject: Paleo Art at Western University

Hello all,

The College of Veterinary Medicine at Western University welcomes all to an
open house on Saturday, April 10th. On display will be several pieces of
prehistoric animal art by paleoartists Larry Felder, Michael Carroll, Kate
Ziegler, Donna Braginetz, and Larry Williams. Highlighting the day will be
talks for the public. The keynote speaker David Krentz, artist, sculptor,
and formerly designer on such Disney Films as "Dinosaur", "Treasure Planet"
and others, will speak about the process of bringing dinosaurs and other
amazing creatures to life on the movie screen. David will be preceded by a
talk by Drs. Elizabeth Rega and Stuart Sumida entitled "Teaching an Old Dog
New Tricks:  Anatomy in traditional and computer animation". Talks will
begin around 1 pm.

Directions are best obtained by MapQuesting my address below.

I hope you will be able to attend!

Jason S. Anderson, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Anatomy
College of Veterinary Medicine
Western University of Health Sciences
309 E. Second St., Pomona, CA, 91766-1854
Phone: 909-469-5537 FAX 909-469-5635
Email: janderson@westernu.edu

If people are available, I strongly urge them to attend!  This sounds like a
great experience.  I can personally attest to how wonderful Stuart and
Elizabeth are at giving informative and damn fun presentations on this
work!!

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742