Re: For the Artists: A Turtle

Dan, I envy you your proximity to Cedar Brook and its
snappers. The book you mentioned, MINN OF THE
MISSISIPPI, has always been one of my favorites, and
the worn jacket cover of my original copy is now
framed in one of the hallways. H.C. Holling was an
epitomy of the gifted artist-naturalist who was also a
superb storyteller, and MINN, PAGOO, TREE IN THE
TRAIL, SEABIRD and his other books are treasures for
the eye, mind and heart. That picture of the dinosaurs
you mentioned is a fine tribute to Knight, who was
living out his last years when the book was
conceivedand illustrated. All of Holling's books can
still be obtained in paperback, and each is a
treasure. --Mark Hallett

http://www.monstersfromthevault.com/ComingNextIssue.html