Re: Dinosaurs of Darkness * Chook Pen Secrets * Discovery in SW China * Dinosaur Tracks in Utah and Urgent Action * Eggs 67 million years old

Roger Smith reported:

> **  Chook pen offers up its prehistoric secret
> The creature fossilised and was picked up and forgotten by the property
> owner until Troy Myers, curator of Richmond's Kronosaurus Korner walked by
> the fowl house...

To quote the article:

Because of the museum's new status as a donor recipient for the Federal
Government's cultural gifts program, more Richmond district producers
were
bringing in fossils found on their properties.

"This means that if a property owner finds something significant and is
prepared to donate it to the museum, we organise for an official
valuation to
be made.

"Based on that valuation, the producer gets a tax credit. If something
were
worth $200,000 the producer would get that in a tax credit over one year
or
spread over five."

http://www.thecouriermail.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5936,9074181%255E3102,00.html

--

What a great idea. If only they could do this in the opal-producing
areas as well. There are so many stories of articulated specimens being