Re: The Dinosauria 2nd Ed. - Phylogenetic Taxonomy

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 00:10:34 -0800 Mickey Mortimer
<Mickey_Mortimer111@msn.com> writes:
> One of the great things about this book is the emphasis on cladistics
> and
> phylogenetic taxonomy.  Each taxonomic chapter provides
> phylogenetic
> definitions, some of which are new.
<snip>
> Benton
> Dinosauria (Triceratops + Neornithes)

I believe that definition is from Padian and May (1994).

It's strange to see such a late date associated with that definition.  I
would have thought that it would bear a  (Gauthier, 1986) attribution.
Why did it take so long to define the clade?

<pb>

Now includes pop-up blocker!