Re: The Dinosauria 2nd Ed. - Phylogenetic Taxonomy

Mickey Mortimer wrote:

> > Lithostrotia (Malawisaurus + Saltasaurus)
>
> Hey, new name. What does it mean? Stone ...?

No, it was published by Wilson and Upchurch (2003) first.  "From the Greek
lithostrotos, "inlaid with stones"..."

"Lithostrotia" refers to the presence of dermal armor. It's my impresson that the name Lithostrotia is intended to replace Titanosauridae of Salgado et al. (1997), which also included _Malawisaurus_ and all more derived titanosaurs.

David Marjanovic wrote:

Oh, and I made a typo when I wrote-
Oviraptorinae (Oviraptor philoceratops + Citipati osmolskae)
Ingeniinae (Ingenia yanshini + Conchoraptor gracilis)
This is the first time the subfamilies have been named, and I'm not
impressed.

"Ingeniinae" will have to be replaced anyway, on account of the preoccupied dinosaur genus _Ingenia_. (You know, Dinosauria II might have been a perfect opportunity to put forward a new genus name.)

Tim