Re: Strangest thing at the SVP...

Tom Holtz (tholtz@geol.umd.edu) wrote:

<...was the Photoshopped hoax "Men of the SVP" calendar.  Featuring (in
non-chronologic order)  Jim Mead, Bob Bakker, Phil Currie, Paul Sereno,
Jack Horner, Scott Sampson, Jim Farlow, Jim Kirkland, Peter Dodson, Kevin
Padian, Hans-Dieter Sues, and... well... umm...>

  Indeed, according to the calendar, Tom was the ONLY dressed man for it
... and thus shall live a set of imagery I shall never forget despite
trying. However, December Man was the one most remember, I think. While
silent auction records went for between $20-25, the live auction version
went for over $200, especially since all the "participants" in the
calendar signed it :) (which reminds me, a signed volume from ALL the
authors of _the Dinosauria_ (2nd. Ed.) went for over $500, and the proud
owner would later tell me she will have that book buried with her ... love
you, Jeri!!

  All in all, an excellent program. My impressions should be forthcoming
today or tomorrow -- I just slept for 16 hours.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden