From: <MKIRKALDY@aol.com>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2004 2:47 PM
Subject: A Mile-High DML Get-together

> The 8th Annual Dinosaur Mailing List Get-together was held last Thursday
morning at the Trattoria Colorado in the Adam's Mark Hotel in Denver.  The
breakfast was well-attended, with old and new friends sampling the
restaurant's continental breakfast.  Jim Farlow, Mike Habib, Tom Holtz, Ken
Carpenter, Yvonne Wilson, Pete Buchholz, Cliff Green, Eileen Green, Benjamin
Green, Anastasia Green, Morgan Churchill, Thom Holmes, Kris Kripchak, Donna
Braginatz, Jonathan Wagner, Michael Skrepnick, Luis Rey, Mark Hallett, Ralph
Molnar, Barbara Molnar, Jaime Headden, Andy Farke, Sam McLeod, Steve
Brusatte, Tiffany Miller, Dick Peirce, and Mary Kirkaldy introduced
themselves and related astoundingly unscientific information about the toy
dinosaurs which were on the tables.  Leftover dinosaurs were donated to the
auction--and did very well!  We had many fun prizes (thank you to everyone
who donated something) and rushed out to the talks on time.

> In an interesting case of convergent evolution, another DML Breakfast had
been set up in the other building by mistake, and that function was
advertised on the hotel tv! Everything was straightened out with Catering,
as we were the only genuine DML Breakfast--accept no substitutes.