Re: Nonindependence of tooth characters in mammals (at least!)

<<I am drinking in the irony. How many times have mammologists, both extant
and extinct, remarked that their teeth, their beautiful breeding teeth, were
the essence of mammal evolution?>>

Probably less often than when they've said: 'I wish I could find more of the
critter than only the bloody teeth'.  If teeth are all that's available,
it's difficult to study the rest of the anatomy.  Enjoy the irony, Jaime,
but don't drink it too quickly!
Cheers
Trevor

Mesozoic Eucynodonts
http://home.arcor.de/ktdykes/meseucaz.htm
The Mesozoic - more than just the dinosaur