Re: Tyrannosaurus third finger

Actually, there are now 2 specimens showing this (Pecks Rex and Wyrex). Both
ONLY have a third metacarpal, no evidence of fingers, thus will not affect
previous paintings and scultptures of rex.
Ken

Kenneth Carpenter, Ph.D.
Curator of Lower Vertebrate Paleontology &
Chief Preparator
Dept. of Earth Sciences
Denver Museum of Natural History
2001 Colorado Blvd.
Denver, CO 80205

Phone: (303)370-6392
Fax: (303)331-6492
email: KCarpenter@DMNS.org

For fun: http://dino.lm.com/artists/display.php?name=Kcarpenter

>>> Donna Braginetz <quailspg@frii.com> 15/Nov/04 >>>
LIST -

Mike Taylor wrote:

>> Quiet on here, isn't it?  Is everyone still hung over from SVP?  And
does no-one have anything to discuss arising from what was presented
there, aside from two of Ken's buddies being tied together and thrown
into a swimming pool?

Okay then, I'd like to hear reactions to the third finger displayed on
the cast of the Peck's Rex manus. Did I miss previous discussion about
this on the list? I thought certain I'd hear people talking about it at
the meeting but nobody seemed very impressed.

- DONNA BRAGINETZ