Re: Dinosaurs Changed My Life

On Wednesday, November 17, 2004, at 01:29 AM, Thomas R. Holtz, Jr. wrote:

Well, my mom didn't know, but she had a background in education, so she decided to find out. And bought (and read to me from) the
How and Why Wonderbook of Dinosaurs.

That very book was my introduction to a life-long dino bug too, also at the age of three (back in 1965-66). I was captivated by the bizarre pictures - and looking at them again recently, they ARE bizarre - and was intrigued even then, that these creatures ceased to exist millions of years ago, as my father had vividly explained.

Then in 1967, Kelloggs started printing cut-out dinosaur dioramas on the backs of Cornflakes boxes... at least I THINK this occurred... if anyone else from the land downunder remembers these, please get in touch!

Peter Markmann