Re: SVP 2004

--- "Jaime A. Headden" <qilongia@yahoo.com> wrote:

> An aspect of the
> meeting is that people largely only spend abouyt 25%
> on average of their
> time attending talks. The rest is spent schmoozing
> with other paleos,

This was my first time to attend SVP, and I had a
blast.  I did blow it in a few aspects though:  I was
only able to attend friday and saturday, so I didn't
get to go to the student reprint exchange.  I had a
previous engagement so I didn't attend the auction.  I
spent 85% of my time in the talks.  Learned a lot, but
probably was not a wise strategy, as I therefore
neglected to schmooze--right when I should have been
tracking down every last living member of every grad
school I am planning on applying to.
Darn it! And I graduate in May, too.

Eric Allen
Undergraduate, TTU