Inbreeding and accelarated evolution?

As you might have guessed from the subject, I've been wondering about how inbreeding might influence the evolution of organisms.

On one hand I think inbreeding might accelarate the evolution of new characters, as a mutated gene influencing,say, the occurence of paedomorphosis, becomes more and more dominant in every generation ( I guess).

On the other hand, I argumented against this very idea that inbreeding makes organisms more and more alike due to the small gene-pool,wich thus means that characters are less likely to change.

Could someone say more about this?

Brian

Ontvang Hotmail & Messenger op je mobiele telefoon http://mobile.msn.com/?lc=nl-nl