Dino/Avian Digit Homology References

Hi group

I am wondering if anyone knows the specific
references to the papers ( I beleive its Gunter
Wagner or somesuch) that propose the apparent
discordance between phylogenetic digit loss in
dinosaurs and ontogenetic digit loss in birds is
reconciled by a ontogenetic 'frame shift'?

Also, do any of the theropod people who were at
the SVP meeting recall who it was that presented
a paper on 'avian style air sacs' in Majungatholus?