Re: phytosaurs/parasuchians/PJ Crush

David Peters (davidrpeters@earthlink.net) wrote:

<Walker suggested that phytosaurs and proterochampsids were sister taxa. A
short cladistic analysis indicates it might be true. Any stoppers? (?that
is, any reason not to associate the two clades?)>

  A lot of Walker's views on archosauromorph phylogeny were erroneous,
that's maybe one reason to question his supportive features. Another ... a
short cladistic analysis. Try something bigger. A few hundred taxa, a few
hundred to a thousand characters. Lots of variation in Archosauromorpha,
and lots of convergence.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden