Re: Tiny tetrapods (was Re: tiny gekko quiz: results)

On Sun, 28 Nov 2004, David Marjanovic wrote:

> There's also an adult chamaeleon in Madagascar that is in the same size
> range. -- If we leave the amniotes, the smallest adult tetrapod seems to be a
> frog in Cuba which measures 9 mm. It's so small that it lays only one egg --
> but that egg is big enough that the entire tadpole stage is spent inside.
> Seen on TV on Tuesday.

ah, that is interesting about the chameleon.  i raise madagascar hissing
roaches and it's nice to know who might eat the tiny newborns (they are
about the size of a grain of rice at birth).

anybody need roaches to feed their pets or for pets?  i only ask shipping!

pheret

--
god@pheret.com
3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209