Re: Declining pterosaur diversity

T. Michael Keesey wrote-

> Correct me if I'm wrong, but, with the exception of some
> choristoderans, there wasn't any tetrapod in the Paleocene that did
> not fall under crown clade _Monotremata_, _Marsupialia_,
> _Placentalia_, _Aves_ (=_Neornithes_), _Crocodylia_, _Lepidosauria_,
> _Testudines_, or _Amphibia_ (=_Lissamphibia_), was there? (And could
> any of these be divided further?)

If Joyce (2004) is right, Meiolania isn't a testudine.  Luo et al. (2003)
show the non-marsupalian metatherians Mayulestes, Pucadelphys and
Andinodelphys as being Paleogene.  Brochu (2003) indicated if morphological
cladistic results are constrained to match molecular results, Borealosuchus
and pristichampsines are not crocodylians.

Mickey Mortimer
Undergraduate, Earth and Space Sciences
University of Washington