Dinosaur Decor

If you'd like to see what the "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" team did with
a dinosaur theme for a children's bedroom, see:
http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/images/gallery/ep_garay/gallery.html?photo=46
and
http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/images/gallery/ep_garay/gallery.html?photo=47.

This program was supposed to be broadcast on October 3, 2004 but it was
preempted by the football game.  According to my local television listing,
it appears that the show may be seen instead on ABC on Thursday, October 7,
2004 at 8 pm Pacific, 7 pm Central.  On the other hand, the schedule has
been swapped around so many times, I would take this with a grain of salt.
I haven't seen it yet.

I was only aware of the show because I had been contacted by my friend,
Nancy Hadley, to provide a few tidbits of information regarding the
ecological context for _Daspletosaurus_.  Nancy Hadley was responsible for
much of the decorative work (including the _T. rex_ skull bas relief) under
a most unforgiving deadline (as is par for the course on this show).  Luis
Chiappe was the official paleontologist consultant for the project.

It looks like a fun place for the kids. And no, I don't wish to start a thread on
the dinosaur mailing list "Regarding Inaccuracies in the Depiction of the
Dinosauria in Contemporary Household Furniture." Just see the show, cry, laugh,
and move on.

--------
"Dino Guy" Ralph W. Miller III
proud member of the Society of Vertebrate Paleontology