Regarding Inaccuracies in the Depiction of the Dinosauria in Contemporary Household Furniture (was Re: Dinosaur Decor)

That's fantastic! I've seen museums (no names, but I
just want people to know I'm NOT referring to any
museums mentioned on DinoWight) that aren't half as
well designed as that bedroom!

By the way, sorry, but you were asking for it!

 --- Dino Guy Ralph <ralph.miller@alumni.usc.edu>

http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/images/gallery/ep_garay/gallery.html?photo=46

http://abc.go.com/primetime/xtremehome/images/gallery/ep_garay/gallery.html?photo=47.

> This program was supposed to be broadcast on October
> 3, 2004 but it was
> preempted by the football game.  According to my
> local television listing,
> it appears that the show may be seen instead on ABC
> on Thursday, October 7,
> 2004 at 8 pm Pacific, 7 pm Central.  On the other
> hand, the schedule has
> been swapped around so many times, I would take this
> with a grain of salt.
> I haven't seen it yet.
>
> I was only aware of the show because I had been
> contacted by my friend,
> Nancy Hadley, to provide a few tidbits of
> information regarding the
> ecological context for _Daspletosaurus_.  Nancy
> Hadley was responsible for
> much of the decorative work (including the _T. rex_
> skull bas relief) under
> a most unforgiving deadline (as is par for the
> course on this show).  Luis
> Chiappe was the official paleontologist consultant
> for the project.
>
> It looks like a fun place for the kids.  And no, I
> don't wish to start a
> thread on
> the dinosaur mailing list "Regarding Inaccuracies in
> the Depiction of the
> Dinosauria in Contemporary Household Furniture."
> Just see the show, cry,
> laugh,
> and move on.
>
> --------
> "Dino Guy" Ralph W. Miller III
> Docent at the California Academy of Sciences
> proud member of the Society of Vertebrate
> Paleontology

=====
Find out about the dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight at
    DinoWight- the Dinosaurs of the Isle of Wight
                 http://www.dinowight.co.uk

Messenger - all new features - even more fun!  http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com