RE: Feathered tyrannosauroids; it's delightful, it's delicious...

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Tim Williams
>
> I hope this isn't a nit-picking question... I'm just curious if this
> analysis included a tentatively referred basicranium (UUVP 2455) in the
> hypodigm for _Stokesosaurus_.  This Late Jurassic basicranium
> looks like it
> belongs to a tyrannosaurid, and it is anteroposteriorly short as in
> tyrannosaurids proper.  Interestingly,_Dilong_ is described as having a
> braincase that is anteroposteriorly longer than that of later
> tyrannosaurids.

Actually, I did not include the braincase, as its referral to Stokesosaurus
is questionable.

> And where does _Aviatyrannis_ fall out?  I know, I know... wait for the
> paper (or the conference... or the proceedings of the conference...)   :-)

Aviatyrannis isn't included yet, as it is presently redundant vs. my coding
of Stokesosaurus: I'll need to add new characters to disassociate the two.

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
        Mailing Address:
                Building 237, Room 1117