altricial nestling bone fossilization

To my question, I recently received the following answer from a noted bird
expert at a major metropolitan museum (name withheld 'cause why should I drag
him/her into this?).

Q: Are altricial nestling bird bones sufficiently ossified to fossilize?

A: At later stages they might be under favorable conditions.

Still waiting for an answer from my bat expert. Not sure what the situation
would be with dependent marsupial young. Any thoughts, references or discussion
along these lines would be appreciated.

David Peters
St. Louis