Re: what would happen if....?

> Does anyone have a idea if domesticated cows could
> become feral and ultimately survive in the absence of man?

If we take into account that the aurochs lived in forests (around forest
clearings), and not in steppes/prairies, then -- yes, it has already
happened. There's a sort of walled preserve somewhere in northern England
where a herd of cattle has lived, isolated from the world, since the Middle
Ages. They don't tolerate the presence or scent of man. Only in some winters
do they get a little hay. They are genetically identical, but the population
stays healthy (and doesn't explode despite the absence of predators!) mainly
because the bulls fight so much that only one gets to mate per year.
        Reference: TV.