Re: what would happen if....?

    The chances of survival of ducks, geese, chickens and turkeys are all
large - for a start, they all have sizable feral populations all around the
world. Ditto for the peacock, pigeon and perhaps guinea fowl. Indeed, many
'domestic' populations of fowl, particularly in third world countries,
arguably exist in a semi-feral state - they are unenclosed, and could easily
escape into the wild if their feeders disappeared. They have generalised
diets, so would probably find food, though there may be an initial
population crash.
    Just as an aside, American tourists have been known to invest hundreds
of dollars to come here to New Zealand and shoot wild turkeys, which are
apparently something of a rarity over there. This is always regarded as
quite funny by the locals, as the feral turkey population here is so large
that one practically can't go anywhere in the countryside without tripping
over the things :-).
    Of the list you gave, feral camels (dromedaries) are quite common in
Australia, feral cats and goats are common everywhere, and dogs, pigs and
ferrets are very common in localised areas. I'm not so certain about the
survival ability of the horse - most wild populations are very localised -
but I could be wrong. The survival of the llama (of which I am not aware of
*any* feral populations) might be compromised by the fact that unless they
are to be kept specifically for stud, male llamas are invariably castrated.
    You also left out the donkey - though donkeys are something of a novelty
these days as stock animals, they maintain sizable feral populations in arid
areas around the world.

    Cheers,

        Christopher Taylor