Re: Why did only avians survive?

On Thursday, September 30, 2004, at 06:21  PM, pheret wrote:

of course, we don't know what form the ancestors survived as. and, if you
think about how many creatures haven't survived disasters, it's more
surprising anything is still around. and then there is the weirdness of
turtles, crocs, alligators, etc., who managed to just hang in there and
survive as well.

Mmm, all cold-blooded creatures . . .

 but i am really fascinated with the evolution of birds,
so this topic is great!

Apparently so, because I just had to note that the only larg[er] creatures to survives the KT were cold-blooded, besides sharks . .