From: +ACI-Tim Williams+ACI- +ADw-twilliams+AF8-alpha+AEA-hotmail.com+AD4-
To: +ADw-dinosaur+AEA-usc.edu+AD4-
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 11:05 AM
Subject: Re: Study: Platypus Retains Bird Sex Link

+AD4-
+AD4- Dora Smith wrote:
+AD4-
+AD4- +AD4-I understand that mammals are descended from a very primitive reptile
near
+AD4- +AD4-the foot of the reptile family tree.    Dinosaurs are very highly
evolved
+AD4- +AD4-reptiles near the top fo the reptile family tree.   Birds belong to
one
of
+AD4- +AD4-the major branches of dinosaurs, and they are highly evolved
relative to
+AD4- +AD4-their feathered cousins.
+AD4-
+AD4- Huh?
+AD4-
+AD4- (As a cautionary note... it's often better to avoid loaded terms like
+ACI-very
+AD4- primitive+ACI- and +ACI-highly evolved+ACI- when discussing evolution.)
+AD4-
+AD4-
+AF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXwBfAF8AXw-