Re: Study: Platypus Retains Bird Sex Link

Quoting Dora Smith <villandra@austin.rr.com>:

> I'm sorry if you took offense, Tim.   I did not mean any.    I honestly did
> not know that I was insulting humanity.

I don't think it's that; it's just that evolutionary biologists tend to be wary
of calling anything "primitive" or "highly evolved" in any absolute sense.  All
organisms are well adapted for what they do.

For example, pentastomids are rather simple little invertebrate creatures, but
they are "highly evolved" in that they are very different from their crustacean
ancestors, having simplified their body plans drastically in response to
adopting a parasitic lifestyle.

Nick Pharris
Ph.D. Candidate
Department of Linguistics