RE: New Homo Species!!?

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, christian darkin wrote:
> Mention of language might have come from the source of an article on the
> BBC website today -
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/3948165.stm
>
> QUOTE:
> "Even more intriguing is the fact that Flores' inhabitants have
> incredibly detailed legends about the existence of little people on the
> island they call Ebu Gogo.
>
> The islanders describe Ebu Gogo as being about one metre tall, hairy and
> prone to "murmuring" to each other in some form of language. They were
> also able to repeat what islanders said to them in a parrot-like
> fashion. "

And this in turn probably came from

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/10/28/whuman228.xml&sSheet=/news/2004/10/28/ixnewstop.html
 Richard Roberts, discoverer of the Hobbit, says local tales suggest the
 species could still exist

which is an interesting article by Richard Roberts, "University of
Wollongong professor and one of the team investigating the Hobbits".

It has other um fascinating details such as

 The women Ebu Gogo had extremely pendulous breasts, so long that they
 would throw them over their shoulders, which must have been quite a sight
 in full flight.

 We did ask the villagers if they ever interbred with the Ebu Gogo. They
 vigorously denied this, but said that the women of Labuan Baju (a village
 at the far western end of Flores, better known as LBJ) had rather long
 breasts, so they must have done.