Re: Club Homo

Hi Dora,

<<Though I have wondered if brain size is everything.>>

Size isn't everything.  Quality matters too.

If absolute size were the determining factor, than sperm whales would win
flipper down.  If relative size were the issue, then no wonder Sylvester
never catches Tweety Pie.  Small birds would be easily the most intelligent
animals on Earth, and the cleverest mammals would be tree shrews.  We'd
compare fairly with mice.  As that would make Jerry far smarter than Tom,
perhaps cartoon evidence should be taken into account.

Intelligence is more complex than mere size.  Neanderthals had larger brains
than us.  They may or mayn't have been cleverer.