RE: Ichthyornis paper

(crossposted to the PhyloCode Mailing List)

--- Tim Williams <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The Pan- prefix is mandated by the PhyloCode for stem clades.  Thus, the
> erection of Pangalliformes was inevitable.

No, it isn't mentioned in the draft PhyloCode anywhere; it's simply a
convention (for panstem clades, not just any stem-based clade) that some have
been putting forward. It has certain plusses and certain minuses (see my last
full post to the PhyloCode Mailing List).

=====
=====> T. Michael Keesey <http://dino.lm.com/contact>
=====> Instant Messenger <Ric Blayze>
=====