Re: Ichthyornis paper

Julia has mis-interpreted this. _Ichthyornis dispar_ does indeed remain the
type species of _Ichthyornis_, and will always be the type species. However,
as _dispar_ is a junior synonym of _Graculavus anceps_, the name _anceps_
still takes priority. Note that under the ICZN, genus and species names are
separate units - the validity of a species name is not dependent on its
generic assignment (beyond that it must have one). Another example of this
is _Eohippus validus_ Marsh 1876, the type species of _Eohippus_ Marsh,
1876. This is a junior synonym of _Hyracotherium angustidens_ Cope, 1875.
The correct name of the species is _Eohippus angustidens_; nevertheless, the
type species is still _E. validus_.

    Cheers,

        Christopher Taylor