Re: Adieu Ingenia

Nick Gardner wrote-

> > Anyone for expanding Heyuannia to include "Ingenia"
> > yanshini, now that we
> > know I. mirabilis exists?
>
> Would you be kind enough to list what possible shared
> features are between them? Oviraptorid phylogeny isn't
> oft discussed except for the generalities that there
> are some taxa that are oviraptorids (Oviraptor, GI
> 100/42, Citipati, Khaan, Ingenia, Heyuannia,
> "Rinchenia", etc.).

I was thinking of the increased sacral count and reduced manual digits II
and III.  Still, of the named genera, my analysis finds-
(Oviraptor ((Conchoraptor, Khaan) ("Rinchenia" (Ingenia (Heyuannia,
Citipati)))))
at the moment.

So Ingenia should probably just be renamed.  Suggestions?
There's the traditional prefixes and suffixes-
Euingenia, Neoingenia, Ingenioides, Ingeniasaurus, Ingeniaraptor,
Ingeniavenator, etc.
Or we can just change the name slightly, to decrease confusion-
Injenia, Ingenya, Ingenea, etc.

Mickey Mortimer
Undergraduate, Earth and Space Sciences
University of Washington