Re: Adieu Ingenia

--- Mickey Mortimer <Mickey_Mortimer111@msn.com> wrote:

> Are there any other Mesozoic dinosaurs in need of renaming?  I know
> "Ischyrosaurus" is preoccupied, but that's been known for fifteen years, and
> no one's bothered to do anything about it.

_Syntarsus_....

Seriously though:
_Coelosaurus antiquus_ (probably a nomen dubium, anyway)
_Cylindricodon_ (probably _Hylaeosaurus_ teeth; I'm not aware of any trivial
epithet)
_Dinosaurus gresslyi_ (?=_Plateosaurus engelhardti_)
_Gigantosaurus africanus_ (usually placed in _Barosaurus_, anyway)
_Plegadornis_ (?=_Ichthyornis_; don't know the trivial epithet)

And for pterosaurs:
_Odontorhynchus aculeatus_ (type specimen lost, anyway)
_Phobetor parvus_
_Ptenodactylus_ (?=_Ornithocheirus_; don't know trivial epithet)

=====
=====> T. Michael Keesey <http://dino.lm.com/contact>
=====> Instant Messenger <Ric Blayze>
=====