Journal Cost On-line (was: T. rex growth, version 2.0)

At 05:17 PM 9/3/2004, tholtz@geol.umd.edu wrote:
Here's the other shoe dropping on T. rex growth studies:

Horner, J.R. & K. Padian. 2004. Age and growth dynamics of Tyrannosaurus rex. Proceedings: Biological Sciences 271: 1875-1880.

Several journals need to get the whole electronic access thing sorted out. They really are out of their mind if they think that I am going to pay $20.00 US for a copy of a 6 page article. I wish that they would either lower the prices of these to the point that people will pay (maybe $0.25 a page or something) or offer a flat rate per timed hour for access to the whole journal or something. Since it costs very little to publish electronically, I think that arrangements could be made to have the prices at least comparable to photocopies.

Darryl Jones  <dinoguy@sympatico.ca>

For information on tyrannosaurids and
visit my website at:

<http://www3.sympatico.ca/dinoguy/>http://www3.sympatico.ca/dinoguy<http://www3.sympatico.ca/dinoguy/>/