Re: Human top speed record and the OG of animals

Vladimír Socha wrote-

> Also, I read an interesting article recently. The main point of it is how
poor performance human > athletes produce in comparison with some animals.

Not surprising when you consider we're one species against... hundreds of
thousands.  I'd say we're well within the top .01% of species for the land
speed and jumping abilities though, and within the top 5% of species for
water speed (damn the tens of thousands of fish and squid!).

Mickey Mortimer
Undergraduate, Earth and Space Sciences
University of Washington