Re: New review of bird origins and evolution in Naturwissenschaften

Mickey Mortimer (Mickey_Mortimer111@msn.com) wrote:

<"Since 1996, a total of eight species of feathered dinosaurs have been
reported from the lacustrine Early Cretaceous deposits of Liaoning
Province."

Also Yixianosaurus longimanus (Xu and Wang, 2003), Cryptovolans pauli
(Czerkas et al., 2002), Scansoriopteryx heilmanni (Czerkas and Yuan, 2002)
and Epidendrosaurus ningchengensis (Zhang et al., 2002).>

  *Epidendrosaurus* derives from the older Daohugao fauna of Nei Mongol,
not Liaoning, and would be between the Middle and Late Jurassic, but so
far dating has not corroborated any Early Jurassic age. The age for
*Scansoriopteryx* is unknown, as the slab was never dated to locality or
horizon, and was purchased in a rock show. We don't even have a
"collector" to show us where the slabs came from.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden