Keeled dorsal vertebrae in alvarezsaurids

I recently skimmed through Riff et al. (2004) and
noticed that the authors mentioned a ventral keel and
lateral compression in the dorsal vertebrae of
Mononykus, Alvarezsaurus, and Patagonykus. I was not
aware that these conditions existed in the dorsal
vertebrae of these taxa, and was only aware of their
existence within the sacrals and caudals. This is the
first time I have ever seen this mentioned, so could
someone clarify what's going on here?

Nick Gardner