Re: Largest Dinosaurs

<<"Nombre: en mapuce Futa significa grande o gigante; Lognko es jefe o
cacique. Su traducción sería el gran jefe de los dinosaurios."

"Big Boss lizard"?>

  More like big-head or big leader lizard, according to the website.
Supposedly, the leader of the sauropods when it comes to the size arena.

<Does someone know how to pronounce the gn here? Like Spanish ñ,
transcribed because the ICZN doesn't allow diacritics? Or is it copied
from a typo for ng?>

  _ñ_ is usually transcribed as "ni" or "ny" as far as I've seen. This is
true in another name Mickey mentioned, "Muñoz" which would not be written
in "English" as "Munoz," but "Munioz." I think I've said this before....
In French, the "ny" sound is approximated as "ng," whereas in Greek this
is "gk" or the like, gamma being something of a semi-vowel.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden