Re: Psittacosaurus adult found with 34 juveniles

Alternatively, some territorial waterfowl will acquire (as a byproduct of intraspecies aggression) and defend the offspring of multiple individuals, greatly inflating the number of chicks under their care from their actual starting brood - for example the goldeneye behavior seen in the BBC series "The Life of Birds" - when two mothers squabble over territory, the losing bird departs, forced to abandon her offspring which join the victor's flock of ducklings.

Perhaps psittacosaurs did the same, rival mothers squaring off with vivid displays of tail-bristles?

Cheerio
Brian