Re: Registration

> > I'd prefer compounding the name with -zoon or -phyton:  e.g.
"Gastoniozoon".

> I understand why that would be more proper etymologically, but I think it
would
> create confusion, since tacking on a suffix sometimes requires modifying
the
> root. For example, you changed an "a" to an "o".

To be picky, he didn't. He took "Gastonia" and added "-o", the connecting
vowel of Greek, and "-phyton". When two vowels collide, the first has to go.
Zyg-apophysis, ep-apophysis, hyp-apophysis... supr-acetabular (OK, that's a
trivial case)...

> What if there's something else named _Gastonio_?

That's unlikely... but if, we'll have to change that name to something else.
This is an argument against making such pre- or suffixes a Rule and for
making them a Recommendation.

> [...] e.g. "Ficuszoon" or worse.

*Ficozoon*?