Re: Enigmosauria

Mickey Mortimer (Mickey_Mortimer111@msn.com) wrote:

<...>

  And Mickey omits that while Naish and Martill published the name,
application and use of the name is not so clear, and not useable even if
it was used in a caption. The caption escaped editing accidentally, as
Darren's comments on the matter should have been clear. Out of respect to
Darren and Dave Martill, as well as much respect one finds a nomen nudum
elsewhere, don't use it. (Incidentally, this name DOES derived from Mike
Keesey, and Darren heard about it from ME, who heard it from Mike in a
discussion with Mike and Jack Conrad, enjoying as it does a convoluted
history of word-of-mouth that made it to the internet, and by which reason
it has enjoyed such popular use, protagonists advocating use of any name
on the net [like "Futalongkosaurus"] notwithstanding.)

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden