Children's Dinosaur Books

Hi All -

I've been asked to compile a list of dinosaur books aimed at children. I'm assuming here that this means younger kids (probably ages 5-10 ish); I include older kids in the same category as "interested adults" for the purposes of proposing books. While I'm fairly familiar with the latter, I have no children (other than cats, and they don't read much) and so really don't keep up on the world of dinosaur books aimed at them. I've been unsuccessful in tracking down a recent list of books-in-print that are, for lack of a better word, "paleontologist approved." That is, I don't want to be recommending books that have disinformation in them (out-of-date info isn't quite as bad, andI can notate that on the list) or that are just poorly put together. Does anyone know of such a list? Failing that, does anyone out there with kid's book experience have any recommendations? Feel free to e-mail me off-list so as not to clutter the list with a zillion individual responses. If anyone's interested, I'll forward a complete list when I compile it. Thanks in advance!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jerry D. Harris
Director of Paleontology
Dixie State College
Science Building
225 South 700 East
St. George, UT  84770
Phone: (435) 652-7758
Fax: (435) 656-4022
E-mail: jdharris@dixie.edu
and     dinogami@hotmail.com
http://www.sas.upenn.edu/~jdharris

"The subject which I have chosed for the customary
Address this year lays no claim to authoritativeness; it is
not a wide synthesis of the state of knowledge reached
in any particular field; nor does it pretend to any
particular intrinsic importance." -- Sir Gavin de Beer,
opening sentence of his 1947 Presidential Address to
the Linnean Society of London