Re: really big question

> The best preserved fossils at the site show feather and
> scale impressions. Pelicanimimis is on that best preserved list, and shows
> niether.Thus, according to the simplist answer, it didn't have any.

Does it preserve skin above those muscle fibers? AFAIK not. Neither does it
preserve skin elsewhere (except perhaps that occipital crest, I don't know).

As to how muscle fibers could become preserved while the skin of the same
fossil was not, this is because the muscle decayed faster. See the comment
by HP Chris Nedin at http://www.dinosauria.com/jdp/misc/scipionyx.html.