Re: really big question

  I would like to point out another difficulty with applying Occam's Razor
to Las Hoyas preservation. While it stands to reason that birds are
feathered, there is one WELL preserved, and well-articulated bird that
lacks any trace of integument, impressionary or otherwise:
*Iberomesornis.* If all fossils are equal, it stands to reason this should
as well, and represent the natural condition, as has been stated, as well
as for *Pelecanimimus.* Evidence bears out that this is not the case, but
that preservational artifacts are NOT universal in the same beds, but are
happenstance, with some assumptions that can be tested. The testing shows
that not all specimens preserve integument, not due to absence of
integument, but to preservational artifact or bias. Thus, all things are
NOT equal in preservation, and Occam's Razor doesn't apply.

  Cheers,

=====
Jaime A. Headden