Re: What did Attila Ôsi find?

Mary wrote:

>"While digging in soil rich in fossils in 2000, he found the 30 cm long
toothless jaws (looking deceptively like a >beak), the very long neck
vertebra typical to birds, and a part of the foot fingers of a 90-million
year old beast. "

>""It probably had a wing-span of 3.5-4 meters," the young discoverer said.
The Bakony once had a subtropical >climate where sudden rainfalls were
frequent. One such rainfall and the subsequent flood swept away this animal,
>which floated on the surface then descended and was kept intact for 90
million years, he explained."

Toothless jaws and a very long neck vertebra, coupled with a late Cretaceous
age...sounds like an Azdarchid to me... Though a bit on the small side,
similair to Quetzalcoatlus sp.

Now for some pictures :)

Rutger