Re: [darren.naish@port.ac.uk: 52nd SVPCA meeting]

> Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 15:31:17 -0500
> From: Tim Williams <twilliams_alpha@hotmail.com>
>
> With _Yaverlandia_ removed from the Pachycephalosauria, this clade
> is now solely represented in North America and eastern Asia (unless
> _Stenopelix_ is a pachy; but _Majungatholus_ and _Taveirosaurus_ are
> not.)

For what it's worth, Darren considers _Stenopelix_ to be
pachcephalosaurian.

> Says Remes: "terrestrial faunal exchange between Laurasia and
> Gondwana during the Late Jurassic is considered improbable due to
> marine barriers."  This provides additional support for the idea
> that _Giraffatitan_ and _Dysalotosaurus_ of the Tendaguru are valid
> genera, and are distinct from the Morrison genera _Brachiosaurus_
> and _Dryosaurus_, respectively.

I wonder if anyone can tell me where "Giraffatitan" has been published
as a genus?  Paul 1988, which creates the name, proposes it as a
subgenus of _Brachiosaurus_, but not as a genus.  It seems that people
have started to run with the idea of it as a separate genus, but I'd
like to see the reference for this.

)_v__/\  "If I seem short sighted, it is because I stand on the
         shoulders of midgets" -- Unattributed.