Lumping Spinosauridae Redux

I think Hutt's vertebra (mentioned by Darren Naish, UOP C001.2004) will go
a long way towards showing that there isn't that much of a difference
between *tenerensis* and *walkeri* ... in a way I agree with the sinking
of *Suchomimus,* but in another I don't ... if *tenerensis* and *walkeri*
are sister groups, as seems to be supported by virtually everyone who's
worked on the fossils, then why does *Suchomimus* have to be lost? Does
the nature of the name *Suchomimus* mean something else than *tenerensis*
or can we treat *Suchomimus tenerensis* as the WHOLE name for the single
animal from the Tenéré, and not have to worry about generic separation and
the meaning of species versus genera?

  Any discussion?

  Cheers,

=====